Wednesday 10 February 2010

Conclusion Of Analysis

From all of my trailer analysis on horror trailers, I have gained detailed research which includes a narrative, unique selling pint, target audience, music, shot types/camera angles, pace, dialogue, voiceover, special effects and credits and intertitles.

For narrative, during all my trailers I found the plot to start out in a safe environment that creates a false sense of security. Towards the middle and the end, the trailer seems to get faster and makes the audience feel more uncomfortable as the trailer builds tension and suspense to portray that in fact it is a horror film.


From my analysis I also found that the horror films were aimed at young adults and older people rather than the younger generation. This is due to the age restrictions on the movies as they were usually 18 and over. Also they are aimed at young adults because of the amount of violence in the movie.


The shot types during the trailer were very quick and cut to different images to create tension and not let the audience see the ending. T his was consistent in every horror trailer I found. The most common shot used was close ups and extreme close ups within my analysis. This could be due to the fact that try and have the element of surprise relating back to the conventions of horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment